Monday, March 9, 2009

Why a Blog? and What's it for?

Sorry about the blog title, but I thought of it and it made me laugh. It's kind of true though. I am much better at achieving my goals when I share them with someone! So Thanks Obama! Together we Can!
Whether your goal is to eat better, work out more, loose weight, run a 5K, be a better mom or friend, etc... This is a place for you to be encouraged by other people's success and to encourage others in their goals.
My goal of course is to drop this baby weight and learn to eat healthy again, but I looked at weight watchers.com and it was 5.00 a week! Rip Off! So rather than dish out the dough I thought we could form a little community here to reach our goals! So here's the info...
Blog Login is Bloggerbuddies09@gmail.com (sorry it's cheesy)
Password is: Password09

Okay everyone let's set our 8 week goals and then stick to them! 8 Weeks puts us to Memorial Day, which is the unofficial start of summer and that's a good first goal timeframe.

Here's my plan... Everyone can post! I'd like that everyone commit to posting at least 2x a week for the first 3 weeks and then once we're on a roll then we can drop the minimum down to 1x per week. I'd like everyone to post lots more and to give lots of comments on other people's posts, but do what you can.

1st post- Let us know your goals. Be specific! I'm not telling you what I weigh, but I'll tell you what I lose each post. So give the details that you're comfy with. If your goal is to Run a 5K or something like that, then tell us how you plan to train etc. This way we can help encourage you to stick to your plan.

2nd post and beyond- Give updates. BE HONEST! I fail at this "diet" I'm on by about 3pm every day :) So don't worry about a few slip ups! Share your success too! Even small ones! I did not eat a cup cake today and there were amazing ones left from Kenzie's birthday- so woo hoo for me- it's the small things that make it work in the long run I guess :)

Comments- Be sure to read other people's posts and leave them comments. That will be our way of communicating to one another.

Feel free to share this site and login info to anyone that you think would benefit from it :) I hope it will be helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment