Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Goals...

Since Bryan Joined, now I actually have to post my own goals. I'm not giving you numbers, not until they're the ones I want to be seeing :)

My first goal is that I'd like to lose around 20 lbs for starters. So far I've lost 2 (since starting the blog. )

My second goal is to stop eating like crap! I seriously am addicted to junkfood. I love desserts and I've spent the better part of the last 7 years pregnant, so I've kind of eaten all the dessert I've wanted for that entire time. I'm not just talking about dessert at night after dinner... I'm talking about dessert throughout the day! Cupcakes, brownies, cookie dough, frosting, etc... All that kind of stuff has basically gotten me through each day :) So now I need to make friends with carrots, nuts, yogurt, and the dreaded salad! I hate salad-it's definitely rabbit food, not people food!

For now I'm not being too strict with non-dessert foods. We had taco salad for Sunday lunch and I used chips in my salad etc, but just beginning with no desserts is a good place to start. After I'm through the first miserable few weeks I'll also focus on reducing the carbs etc. :( Carbs and I are BFFs.

So far I've gone since Friday night without desserts. I had a few bites of a pudding last night, but Eric said that was okay b/c I don't love pudding and it was the light stuff. Today will be a challenge, well actually the first 2 weeks will be kind of terrible! So I'll try and be honest and hopefully once the pounds drop I'll be foot loose and fatty free!

Oh and I am having surgery on Friday (bilateral, inguinal hernia repair)and will be having to lay low for about a week, so I just hope that I can resist the cookie urge when I'm in bed healing :)

That's all for now. I need to go find a piece of gum to keep my sweet tooth at bay!

1 comment:

  1. SURGERY!?!? You poor thing. Do you have help with the kids? They can come over here and play if needed. We'd love it! I hope it goes well and that you recover quickly. xoxo

    ReplyDelete